So BF#2 and I went to the midnight premier of HBP last night. We got there two hours early and the line was already out of the theater door. Now, I don't know why I find this so strange, but I was still kind of surprised. I know it's Harry Potter and some fanfare is to be expected. But, has the fever kind of passed for anyone else? I'll be the first to admit that I love Harry Potter more than is socially acceptable. I've read those book way too many times, yo. And beyond that I read, and wrote, a substantial amount of fanfiction. Maybe I just don't have enough cosplay in my preferred fandom cocktail, but dressing up? Really? I don't mean a scarf or a plaid skirt or a tie or something else that's just fun and in the spirit of the night. I own a Slytherin track jacket and a hoodie, and I wear them proudly in public. But last night I saw high school boys arrive in full Gryffindor quidditch gear. Robes, helmets, goggles, elbow pads, gloves, boots, and brooms. Tiny, firebolt replica brooms. One guy was dressed as a dementor. He had a black flowing shroud and wraps on his hands. Wtf. It might just me but... I feel as though the mania has passed a bit. The seventh book has been out for a while. We all know what happens. Maybe it's because I grew up with it, and I did the midnight book buy every year and obsessed so hard for so long, that at this point its just kind of done. Maybe I have a dirty, cheating fandom heart. Either way, I was sort of... over it. W/e. Onto the SPOILERS WHICH ARE UNDER THE CUT.
So, list of things I liked first because, let it be understood: I REVILE THIS MOVIE. IT WAS AN ATROCIOUS ADAPTATION THAT MADE ME RAGE IN MY SEAT. However, there were small moments.
-Ahaha, Harry Potter getting hit on. So awkward. I don't think it's intentional at all, because I don't think Dan Radcliff is that good of an actor, but WOW does he do awkward teenager well.
-Cormac McLaggin. You perfectly perfect douchebag. Seriously, he made me laugh every time.
-Draco Malfoy, as the only accurate part of this movie ever, you have won me even more than you already had. I didn't think it could happen, but I have been proven wrong.
-All the awesome metaphor surrounding Draco. Black bird and white bird. Black bird survives. OMG THE APPLE. Under his black clothes he wear a white shirt. So well done on that.
-The complete, utter lack of need for slash goggles in this movie. I know that I've been wearing them awhile, but uh... they did it FOR ME this time. Oh hey Snape, why ya pinnin' Draco to the wall in the hallway while Harry watches secretly? Oh hey Draco, don't you worry about those injuries baby, Snape's gonna rub his wand slowly down your chest while murmuring and it's gonna be ok. Don't think anything about jumping into Harry's bed, Ron.
-That candle.... um, wand-light vigil was very, very beautiful and had some wonderful thought behind its symbolism. Never fucking happened, but I liked it.
Now, the list of things I hated most. Only 'most' because for me to list all the things I hated, wasn't fond of, or didn't like... um, it'd be easier to just hand you a DVD and say "This."
-The Burrow. FUCK YOU SCRIPT WRITERS. UNNECESSARY. The whole scene that never... and wtf Fenir Greyback... and FUCK YOU SCRIPT WRITERS. Fannish outrage is fannish, but I don't care.
-Six movies and not a single god damned elder Weasley brother. Give me a break. I'm still bitter about the lack of Charlie in movie 4 but this... leaving out Bill and Fleur... it just changes so much. *hands form claws*
-Narcissa Malfoy, you go and you find yourself the magical equivalent of bleach RIGHT NOW. Your hair is NOT BLACK with one white streak. It's trivial, but w/e, I yelled about it in the theater.
-Harry and Ginny. I just... it was so badly acted I was appalled. Awkward teenager is not the same as We Have No Chemistry Let's Fake It.
-DON'T GIVE US THE BATTLE AT THE END OR ANYTHING YOU FUCKERS.
-TONKS AND REMUS TOGETHER ALREADY AT CHRISTMAS. I REFUSE.
-Drinking all the Felix at once. I know it didn't end up mattering, but it made me terribly mad none the less.
As one last side note: Lavender Brown's bandanna headband, wtf.
In other news, listened through pretty much the entire discography of The Hush Sound a couple times in the past few days. I knew I was head over heals for 'Like Vines' but I hadn't really given 'Goodbye Blues' a chance. I was really, wonderfully surprised. It's quite good. 'So Sudden' is very clearly the first thing they ever did, but I can dig on it, actually.
Why is it that the second I discover a small ant or insect crawling over my foot or leg and then dispose of it, I instantly feel as thought they're everywhere on me, even though they aren't?
Tired again today. Also v. hungry. Shall go seek nourishment now.
So, list of things I liked first because, let it be understood: I REVILE THIS MOVIE. IT WAS AN ATROCIOUS ADAPTATION THAT MADE ME RAGE IN MY SEAT. However, there were small moments.
-Ahaha, Harry Potter getting hit on. So awkward. I don't think it's intentional at all, because I don't think Dan Radcliff is that good of an actor, but WOW does he do awkward teenager well.
-Cormac McLaggin. You perfectly perfect douchebag. Seriously, he made me laugh every time.
-Draco Malfoy, as the only accurate part of this movie ever, you have won me even more than you already had. I didn't think it could happen, but I have been proven wrong.
-All the awesome metaphor surrounding Draco. Black bird and white bird. Black bird survives. OMG THE APPLE. Under his black clothes he wear a white shirt. So well done on that.
-The complete, utter lack of need for slash goggles in this movie. I know that I've been wearing them awhile, but uh... they did it FOR ME this time. Oh hey Snape, why ya pinnin' Draco to the wall in the hallway while Harry watches secretly? Oh hey Draco, don't you worry about those injuries baby, Snape's gonna rub his wand slowly down your chest while murmuring and it's gonna be ok. Don't think anything about jumping into Harry's bed, Ron.
-That candle.... um, wand-light vigil was very, very beautiful and had some wonderful thought behind its symbolism. Never fucking happened, but I liked it.
Now, the list of things I hated most. Only 'most' because for me to list all the things I hated, wasn't fond of, or didn't like... um, it'd be easier to just hand you a DVD and say "This."
-The Burrow. FUCK YOU SCRIPT WRITERS. UNNECESSARY. The whole scene that never... and wtf Fenir Greyback... and FUCK YOU SCRIPT WRITERS. Fannish outrage is fannish, but I don't care.
-Six movies and not a single god damned elder Weasley brother. Give me a break. I'm still bitter about the lack of Charlie in movie 4 but this... leaving out Bill and Fleur... it just changes so much. *hands form claws*
-Narcissa Malfoy, you go and you find yourself the magical equivalent of bleach RIGHT NOW. Your hair is NOT BLACK with one white streak. It's trivial, but w/e, I yelled about it in the theater.
-Harry and Ginny. I just... it was so badly acted I was appalled. Awkward teenager is not the same as We Have No Chemistry Let's Fake It.
-DON'T GIVE US THE BATTLE AT THE END OR ANYTHING YOU FUCKERS.
-TONKS AND REMUS TOGETHER ALREADY AT CHRISTMAS. I REFUSE.
-Drinking all the Felix at once. I know it didn't end up mattering, but it made me terribly mad none the less.
As one last side note: Lavender Brown's bandanna headband, wtf.
In other news, listened through pretty much the entire discography of The Hush Sound a couple times in the past few days. I knew I was head over heals for 'Like Vines' but I hadn't really given 'Goodbye Blues' a chance. I was really, wonderfully surprised. It's quite good. 'So Sudden' is very clearly the first thing they ever did, but I can dig on it, actually.
Why is it that the second I discover a small ant or insect crawling over my foot or leg and then dispose of it, I instantly feel as thought they're everywhere on me, even though they aren't?
Tired again today. Also v. hungry. Shall go seek nourishment now.
Tags: